A few refashioning batches ago, I made this sleeveless top from one of Paul’s shirts:
You can see the problem. The pocket wound up in an awkward spot and when I removed it the shadow of it remained. I’ve been thinking about how to hide that ever since. After my craft room tidy up recently I had an idea for a swift, easy way to fix it: bleach.
I tested my idea on a scrap of the fabric, using neat and then diluted bleach:
Only neat bleach made a strong enough mark. The fabric is thick enough that it wasn’t destroyed by it, so I went ahead and painted the front of the top:
Initially the marks bleached to green, which would have been nice:
But after a wash they changed to light blue, which I like as well.
The pocket shadow is still there, but it’s much less noticeable.