A friend hosted a small crafty day on the weekend. I took some refashioning projects. As always, I forgot to take ‘before’ shots, but here are my ‘afters’:
I picked up this dress at a vintage fair. It fit fine from the waist down (unfortunately, the leglessness of the dress model makes it drape strangely), but the top was too big. Pinching in at the sides was all it needed – and I replaced the rather small press stud side opening with a zip.
It took a lot longer than I expected, so I only got two more smaller refashions done.
This had a polo neck. I like polo neck tops, but the fabric is very thick and I found it too hot. This was the simplest refashion – all I did was cut the collar off so no sewing required.
When I bought this is was a bit snug, so it wasn’t long before snug became too tight. The answer was my standard ‘add a side piece’.
It felt a bit weird doing summery refashions when it’s too cold to wear them. I guess I like the instant gratification of being able to put on something I’ve just ‘fixed’. But it was great to be making something and hanging out friends.