This is another of the projects I finished during the first heatwave.
Yonks ago, when I was on my bookbinding thing, I made a cover out of stiffened fabric but never got around to binding in some pages as I thought it was a bit boring. In the meantime I cut a design off a favourite tshirt thinking I’d applique it to something. The two were destined to meet. That just left the binding.
I grabbed some yellow embroidery thread and got stitching. The gingham lining made marking up the holes easy:
The pages had been torn out of an old cartridge paper sketch pad.
I wish the diamond and spine stitching had lined up better, but the binding does need to be centred for stability. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with it.
It’ll probably become a brainstorming notebook, once my current one is full.