Some weeks back I posted about the laser-cut heddles I had ordered for the Vari Dent Reed. Of course, as soon as they arrived I immediately threaded the loom and tried my idea. To my relief, having spend a good sum on the heddles, it worked. The result is a featherweight, lacy scarf.
The method is really fast, too, because you’re only weaving a narrow section between the twists.
But I wasn’t 100% satisfied with the integrity of those sections. The first and last shots are inclined to wander, which doesn’t secure the ends as well as I’d like.
Still, it was a start, and proof that the concept had legs. I went on to try another idea, all the while thinking about how to improve the first method. But that will have to be another post…